Did you know that there are approximately 80,000 chemicals in common use? Every day, we encounter more chemicals than our grandparents faced throughout their entire lifetimes! Here are some easy ways to replace nasty chemicals with health-boosting essential oils.
- Use this: Diffuse Purification®, Lemon, or Orange Essential oils
// Not that: Glade Air Freshener
- Use this: Thieves Dish Soap
// Not that: Antibacterial Dish Soap
- Use This: Homemade Foaming Hand Soap (1/4 cup liquid castile soap, 1 cup distilled water, 6 drops Thieves or lavender essential oil in a foaming soap dispenser)
// Not That: Antibacterial Hand Soap (“Antibacterial” soaps of any kind should always be avoided!)
- Use This: Homemade “Dryer Sheets” (Wet a washcloth with water and 3 drops lavender or lemon essential oil and toss in with your laundry)
// Not That: Commercial Dryer Sheets (= all chemicals!)
- Use This: Thieves Produce Wash OR a drop of Lemon or Thieves oil in a bowl of water
// Not That: Commercial produce wash OR not washing produce at all. (Check out the list of the most sprayed produce items)
- Use This: White vinegar and Thieves Cleaner (diluted) (White vinegar will remove mineral deposits from toilet bowls and sinks)
// Not That: Toilet bowl or bathroom cleaner
- Use This: Diluted Thieves cleaner (once daily for a week)
// Not That: Pesticide/aphid sprays on plants
Sometimes a simple replacement can remove dozens of chemicals from your home! How do you use essential oils to reduce chemicals in your home? Let us know your tips!