Have you asked this question recently: “I have a lot of oils but what should I do with them?” Or do you love your oils but always enjoy learning something new? Read below for some quick tips!
Action point: Please comment and let us know which one of the tips you’re going to try today! We’d love to hear other ways you use oils too.
1. Add a drop of Lemon to a bowl of water for washing produce. You can use the same bowl of cleaner for all your produce when you get it home from the grocery store. Lemon dissolves petrochemicals and cleans off the wax!
2. Apply a drop of Lavender under your nose and on your temples before bed to promote restful sleep.
3. Diffuse 3 drops of Cedarwood and 2 drops of Orange while you’re working at the computer to promote concentration.
4. Add a drop of Cinnamon Bark to a banana, blueberry, and almond milk smoothie to support your immune system.
5. Add a drop of Frankincense to a dab of coconut oil and apply on your face after a shower or before bed. It can promote concentration during prayer and your skin will love it!
6. Make a “Happy Picnic” spray by adding 20 drops of Purification® to a 2oz. glass mister bottle. Add 1/2 tsp. salt and mix well before topping with distilled water. Mist on skin before going outside.
7. Mix a drop of PanAway™ with V6™ or coconut oil and smooth onto tired, aching arms, legs, neck, or back after exercise.
8. Before bed, do a 20-minute footbath with 1 cup Epsom salts, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 2 drops Lavender or StressAway™ essential oils. Ahhhh….
9. Add a drop of Thieves® and/or 2 drops of Orange oil to warm water for tea. Its spicy, slightly-sweet flavor is tasty and the oils can support a healthy immune system!
10. Add a drop of Lemon or Orange oil to 1 TBS. coconut oil for oil pulling, which is proven to promote your oral and overall health.
11. Add 3 drops of Lime to a honey marinade for baked chicken
12. Use 1-2 drops Lemon when you need to remove “goo” from an old sticker on glass or a window. Just gently rub on to the area and the stickiness should come off easily!
13. Diffuse 5 drops of any of these oils to keep a room smelling clean and fresh: Purification®, Citrus Fresh™, Lime, Grapefruit, Thieves™, or Christmas Spirit (a favorite any time of year!).
14. Make refreshing water to drink throughout the day: Fill a quart glass jar with water and add 2-4 drops of Grapefruit or Lemon oil. May add a bit of stevia extract. Sip when you are experiencing food cravings!
15. Add a few drops of Thieves® to an empty capsule and swallow with water to support your immune system.
16. Put a drop of Idaho Balsam Fir on your pillowcase before bed to promote relaxation and rest.
17. Put a drop of Joy™ on your wrists or neck for a harmonizing perfume.
18. Feeling stressed and tense? Regularly mix a drop of Copaiba with warm water and honey for tea, or put a drop of Copaiba under your tongue to promote your wellness.
19. Diffuse 5 drops of StressAway™ or Peace & Calming II™ in the evening when the children are acting up!
20. Support your digestive system with DiGize™! Add a few drops to a capsule and swallow before or after a meal.
21. Add a few drops of Thieves® in your dishwater or dishwasher to thoroughly clean dishes and eliminate odors.
22. Mix 1-2 drops Lavender or Gentle Baby™ essential oils with 1 tsp. coconut oil. Gently massage your baby or child after a warm bath before bed.
23. Feeling that afternoon slump? Put a drop of PanAway™ on your hands, cup near your nose, and deeply inhale the scent for a few minutes. Rub any leftover oil on your temples or the back of your neck.
Most importantly… Don’t just read & forget… apply what you learned, hit “reply,” and let us know what you’re going to try today!
(Remember: Young Living members save a lot on the prices you see on the website. You can get a membership kit to receive a collection of products for over 50% off! )
Be wise: Always follow package directions before using oils and never be afraid to dilute an oil before applying. Dilution doesn’t make the essential oils weaker… it just increases the surface area that they affect.