SUPPORTING BRAIN HEALTH: PRACTICAL TIPS
Thanks to Dr. Tom Reed for his contributions to this section.
Read Part 1 for more info.
- Manage stress. We all talk about this, but what can you do today to actually make progress? What can you say “no” to? Can you choose to spend less time at a screen and more time in just rest?
- Do your research carefully on any statin (cholesterol) drugs, vaccines, and antidepressants that list “cognitive disfunction” as a side effect.
- Say “NO” to high fructose corn syrup!
- Choose tea (especially white, green, and oolong) over coffee. However… only drink organic tea as others may contain high levels of fluoride and pesticides. (L-Theanine from tea, when combined with natural caffeine, is very good for dopamine levels and mood.)
- Have you checked your toothpaste for artificial sweeteners and fluoride? They both contribute to brain conditions. (Alternative: my favorite toothpaste is the AromaBright toothpaste. YL just came out with a set of five 2oz. tubeswhich are great for gifts! —Lisa)
- Sleep cleanses the brain. Aim for 6-8 hours each night. (Once again… can you spend less time on media and more time in bed?
- Walk 30 minutes a day. Dr. Oliver Wenker who spoke at Convention shared how studies show that this simple act reduces Alzheimer’s by 50%, along with preventing many other diseases.
- Consider MindWise: This is specially formulated to support healthy brain function.
- Watch for neurotoxin culprits: Thimerosal (found in flu vaccines), aluminum (found in antiperspirants/deodorant), and fluoride (especially when combined with aluminum, it is very destructive to the brain).
- Get a filter for your shower head. There are many options available and can greatly reduce your exposure to chlorine and fluoride.
- Essential oils that can support your brain: Cedarwood (I like to apply topically on my brainstem and the top of my head before bed, or diffuse), Sandalwood, Frankincense, Cypress, Brain Power blend. During the day some use Harmony, Believe, Transformation or Highest Potential oil blends. We encourage you to use what you have…or try new ones with your Essential Reward points!
What are your ideas for supporting brain health? We would love to hear them!
Reed, Dr. Tom. “The Brain: Unique & Mysterious.” Young Living International Convention 2015. Gaylord Texas, Dallas. 7 Aug. 2015. Lecture.
Wenker, Dr. Oliver. “Living Above the Line.” Young Living International Convention 2015. Gaylord Texas, Dallas. 7 Aug. 2015. Lecture.
Mercola, J. Sleep is critical for brain detoxification. Mercola.com. 31 October 2013. Available here. Accessed October 10.