Moving into a new home recently helped us be creative and seek wisdom about our options for having a clean and safe home.
We are so glad to have wonderful Young Living products on hand that are safe, effective, and pure — products that meet a purpose. The products follow a simple truth of our Creator: When God makes something, He does not make it to help us in one way and harm in another way! He made things to help, not hurt. Give life, not death.
Share with us some of your moving experiences (pun intended) and enjoy these tips for your home!
Tips For Home
Cleaning Wipes Recipe
- Cut a paper towel roll in half, place in container (These special containers are great!).
- Add 1 cup white vinegar + 1 cup Thieves Household Cleaner (We found vinegar a bit too much; reduce if desired.)
Use for surfaces to sanitize and clean kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, shelves, window sills, doorknobs, refrigerators, etc.
What to Diffuse in Your Home
For musty areas, you should use a TheraPro diffuser, which provides the strongest cleansing and does not add more moisture to the air. In other areas it is okay to use the Aria, Home, Bamboo, or Rainstone diffusers. Diffusing is important to freshen and clear the environment in a home from uninvited microbes and to neutralize chemicals in air and increase oxygen. We suggest diffusing Christmas Spirit oil blend, Lemon oil, Orange oil, or Citrus Fresh oil blend.
Uses for Empty Oil Bottles!
- Place an empty oil bottle (open) in a drawer or cupboard that you have lined with new contact paper. Keep the drawer or cupboard closed for a few days to neutralize the strong chemical smells.
- Keep an empty oil bottle (open) in front of digital or computer equipment. Computers give off positive ions so you want to use oils that have negative ions as mentioned in this article about positive and negative ions.
Moving Aches & Pains
For temporary pain relief and support (for instance for wrist or fingers), we used ice, 5 minutes on/5 minutes off (spaced out more later), followed by the new Cool Azul Pain Relief Cream, Helichrysum, PanAway and Cypress essential oils applied topically several times a day. In-between applications were Cool Azul, Deep Relief, Wintergreen, Lemongrass, Lavender and Frankincense. After a week, we used Frankincense and PanAway.
Protect Back and Wrists During House Moving
A move is never easy on the back with the stress and strain of lifting and carrying; it can take its toll if you are not alert. In preparation I used Valor, PanAway and Deep Relief to give it support, applying at the base of the spine, going up as far as I could reach, and also on the neck area. We tend to ignore our wrists, but they take a lot of strain while lifting and carrying boxes. Lavender or Deep Relief and PanAway would be a better option for the guys.
- (For guys) Support with Valor, PanAway and/or Deep Relief, and BLM/AgilEase or PowerGize Capsules
- (For gals) Support with Valor, Lavender, and Frankincense, and BLM/MegaCal or AgilEase Capsules
If you need extra support, be sure to use a back brace! However, our chiropractor advised against using a wrist brace. But, if the wrist needs attention, hold the hand up and stroke gently downward toward the elbow to improve circulation.
Sticky Price Tags on Purchases
Use Thieves Household cleaner (undiluted) or diluted with just a little water. You could also use Lemon oil, diluted with a carrier oil (like olive oil) so it won’t bleach the surface. You might want to try it on a hidden part of the furniture (especially with wood finishes) to ensure that the lemon oil won’t remove the finish.
New Discovery for Outsmarting Pesky Bugs
We were “feeling the itch.” We tried applying DiGize (in place of Purification which was not readily accessible) and it worked like a charm in 30 seconds!
What are your moving tips? We would love to hear about them! Leave your comments below.