Over the past 18 months we have had numerous airplane rides to and from South Korea. After so many international flights, we are grateful to God for protection in the air. Here are some of the strategies we have used to stay healthy!
Did you know that many airlines are cramming even more seats onto their planes, and that there are no standards for airline/airport cleanliness? High-volume flights mean that bacteria and viruses are very concentrated in small areas. Serious germs from different passengers can be everywhere: seat trays, arm rests, overhead bins, magazines, bathrooms, and in the air from breathing, coughing, and sneezing. The harsh chemicals and fragrances used for cleaning compromise our immune systems further.
Here are some tips and recipes for staying healthy while you fly:
- Always rub Young Living Thieves® Oil on the soles of your feet before your flight.
- Carry along Thieves® Spray and clean the area around your seat, especially before eating.
- Drink bottled water and eat your own snacks.
- Make a purifying spray to use on your hands, on surfaces, or in the air. Mix together 15 drops peppermint, 15 drops lemon, 10 drops lemongrass, and 10 drops Purification® essential oils in a spritzer bottle. Fill bottle with distilled water and shake well before misting.
- Avoid bathrooms in the airplane, if possible, and use the restroom between flights in the airport. Always use Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier after washing your hands.
Avoiding jet lag also starts with the trip. Here are some tips from Frances Fuller on how she avoids jet lag on international flights:
- Drink NingXia Red before, during & after the trip
- Drink lots of water on the flight
- Use cedarwood: 1-2 drops over brainstem (middle at base of skull , cup hands over nose, inhale deeply
- Lavender: apply 1-2 drops on rims of ears, on back of neck, across shoulders BEFORE and during flight (relaxes and gives better rest)
- Peppermint: Use if feeling achy or experiencing “brain fog”. Rub hands down neck & across shoulders.
- Don’t try to work or read on plane: enjoy and RELAX. Just enjoy reading and relaxing!
What are your strategies for healthy flying or dealing with jet lag? Let us know!